She is curious, a true adventurer, and someone who easily agrees to try something that most people would not even dare. She loves her job and she is about resolving current tasks and seeing the bigger picture. She is a person who loves to break down the machine just to see how it works 🙂
Her name is Elvira but internally called Helga for ages. For 5 years we have been sharing an office and some historical crazy moments together. You can always talk to Helga about different topics – South Park, interesting spices, or even about purchasing a stove of specific dimensions 🙂
We congratulate Helga on her jubilee 5 years of work and we wish her to keep that curiosity and not change. And also, we are waiting to test some new recipes 🙂
- What would you advise yourself 5 years ago?
Do your best but don’t worry when things get complicated or you break a deadline. The demands often change during the development process and of course, Murphy will always do his part when you don’t expect. Sometimes a lesson of knowing how not to repeat the same mistakes on another project is the best you can get out of the situation.
- Do you remember your first day at work?
Like it was yesterday. The cheerful atmosphere in the office, few colleagues who are cooking lunch for the others…
- Who or what influenced you the most to become a programmer?
My old computer was constantly crashing, which is why I took a course in computer service. There I discovered my interest in computer science.
- What is it that people mostly don’t know about you?
Probably a lot of things, since I am a relatively introverted person. There is one fact that could be interesting – I lived in Zimbabwe for 10 years 🙂
- What would you never give up?
- Which moment was the most impressive for you?
Mini team building in an escape room.
- Which of your professional skills do you consider to be the most important?
Curiosity. Whenever possible, I like to follow my projects’ entire “life cycle”, including stages that are not strictly related to my job.
- How would your colleagues describe you in one word?
You have to ask them 🙂
- How do you start your workday?
Reading emails with a cup of strong black tea.
- Do you have some hidden talents?
I don’t know if I have talent but I do like to cook, especially to experiment with Asian and Middle East recepies…No casualties so far 🙂
- The weekend is time for?
Trying new recipes, some board games maybe, studying and relaxing.
- Something that you did once and you will never do it again.
I dived to a depth of 6 meters after attending a short diving course for beginners. It was an interesting but a bit claustrophobic experience.
- Do you have some totally irrational fear of something?
That some post-apocalyptic or dystopian scenario will globally strike us.
- Weirdest food that you have tasted?
Crocodile meat and goulash of mopane caterpillars. Every food can be tasty with proper spicing 🙂
- If you are not a programmer what would you be?
Before I enrolled in information technology, I was preparing myself for graphic design studies, so I believe that would be my call.